
Gordon Brown being grilled at Chilcot
Prime Minster Gordon Brown made his way onto centre stage at the impartial, dispassionate Chilcot Inquiry, which (this needs to be emphasised) has no connections to the current or previous administration or the political and military elites at all (nor have they any vested interests in the reconstruction process in Iraq - just to make that clear).
Like his predecessors, Gordon Brown faced a barrage of cutting questions. No surprise then that Brown and the other witnesses have found themselves giggling nervously during the question and answer sessions.
And who can blame them? Today, the critical and incisive Sir Lawrence of FreeArabiaMan vexed Brown with ruthless questions and suggestions. At one point, while Brown was nervously straightening his tie, Sainted Lawrence implied that the UK government hadn't been aggressive and active enough in their pre(!)-war planning.
I look forward to the, undoubtedly, critical and damning verdict that will follow this open inquiry and etc etc
Postscript:
I feel a little guilty for singling Brown out, since he was manifestly not at the centre of the decision-making process. That, we must not forget, belonged to Blair and Campbell. It just annoyed me watching the nonsense proliferated at the inquiry toady.

4 comments:
I don't know what all the fuss is about..either he emerges as naive, gullible and negligent..as per the current narrative or he's (at the least) a fully knowing, complicit and culpable warmongering accommodationist...as most coherent and plausible narratives would suggest.
I want to know if he really said fuck in front of the gardener's wife...that's the real issue here...this whole enquiry is a distraction from the big questions over his temperament.
Hi Olching
Off topic, but the tiny penis legion were something else on the Chile Earthquake Cif thread. I thought that even the maddest Tories at least pretended not to get too horny reading about Pinochet torturing civilians to enact 'Chicago economics' (especially as I thought the whole point of economical liberalism was the thin edge of the wedge, road to tyranny argument). But apparently not.
What was really disturbing was the first one to comment (probably within seconds of the article being posted and getting over 100 recommends) called Move Any Mountain had apparently been awarded or nominated CIF commentator of the year or something? Still, whilst I'm horrified that people would vote for him, I can't really grudge the guy. Based on his comments he measures 2.5 inches with a hard-on and needs any support his ego can get.
Monkeyfish,
yes, I agree, let's investigate the cursing bullying against the gardener.
But yes, I never thought of Chilcot as a diversion from the brutal realities of real bullying of grown, successful men. Iraqi children are just a sideshow.
But in all seriousness, he is of course part of the war machine of the past 15 years. Although I was intrigued (and bewildered) to see the suggestion (made only against Brown) that he may not have been bullish enough. It would be like a member of an armed robbery gang being reprimanded in court for not robbing enough.
Hi Gregor,
Yes, MaM is an abomination of humanity. The less said about the dimwit the better. The fact that he won commenter of the year 2009 is a) a sign of the extraordinary good sense of humour of those who voted or b) a sign of the kind of thick arseholes who will be cheering on Cameron as he cycles his big fat arse into number 10 (and who were also the same idiots who cheered on Blair as he turned up with his pathetic guitar - MaM has defended Blair's foreign policy so is a good symbol of the general malaise in political intellect in this country).
The whole way this supposed inquiry has been conducted is a whitewash. The problem is that the national security state is one of unaccountable rapacious oil grab leavened by a messianic dogma.
I've returned to Central Europe Watch and started clinically and forensically dissecting Edward Lucas' dismal The New Cold War propaganda without, by default, supporting Putin.
In Krakow I continue to oppose the incompetent and rapacious financiers before whom the spineless and spinful Rada Meijska genuflect in erecting hideous starchitecture ,draping public building entirely with adverts.
This interview shows me second after Chris B Gray.
http://ktvi.pl/film,396,10,0,informacje_ktvi.pl_-_wydanie_szesnaste.html
If the links does not work click on to Krakow's New Dragons site.
A full hour length documentary has been made by professional film makers from Wales and I'm meeting with Gazeta Wyborcza journalists tomorrow.
I will no longer remain in apathy. The time for a civil socirty movement that puts flesh of what is a noble term perverted by corporatism has come. They will be challenged, fought....and then defeated.
And stuff the Guardian.
Post a Comment